Professor Alexander Fenton, the acknowledged leading expert on Scottish rural life, has died. During his long career he was Director of the National Museum of Antiquities of Scotland, the School of Scottish Studies at the University of Edinburgh, and of the European Ethnological Research Centre. He was well known and liked my many members of the Rural Museums Network, and will be sadly missed.
Rural Museums Network on Twitter
- One swallow does not a summer make, but it’s a pretty good start... #SummerIsComing #Swallow https://t.co/ozEXFnh444 5 days
- RT @actonscottfarm: Spring wheat drilled finally https://t.co/vNpKNOk20g 1 week
- One year on... doesn’t time fly when you’re having fun and staring at sheep! Happy anniversary to the absolute unit! https://t.co/auJOrSp6fL 2 weeks
- RT @GressenhallFW: Our Barefoot Walks are something a bit different to enjoy over the Easter Holidays here at Gressenhall! Walk on san… https://t.co/OD6Q4lEw37 2 weeks
- RT @nicksbray: Lovely feedback from our visitors today - thank you! ☺️ Did you know you can nominate @NtlMuseumsScot #RuralLife fo… https://t.co/WjOhuXVv7I 2 weeks